Accountant – Missoula, MT
As MoFi’s loan portfolio, technical assistance offerings, and internal support systems have grown, so too has our need for a more robust accounting team to help monitor, track, and facilitate that growth. The accounting staff position is a key component of our growing accounting and compliance team and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the data we use to manage the organization.
MoFi is looking to hire an accounting staff member who will be responsible for many of the crucial daily, weekly, and monthly transactions of MoFi. The role focuses on timely, accurate, and consistent treatment of accounting transactions to support the accounting and compliance team.
We are looking for an up-and-coming accounting professional with 2+ years of experience, who is passionate about helping our organization succeed, has strong analytical skills, and the ability to pay attention to details in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The position will report to MoFi’s Director of Accounting and will be based in Missoula, MT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the organizational goals by ensuring loan activity is accurately reflected in MoFi’s accounting system
- Provide internal reporting to the capitalization, lending, asset management and marketing teams as needed
- Assist the Director of Accounting with daily, weekly, and monthly account reconciliations and research outstanding items
- Participate in department and organization meetings and provide feedback regarding your role as requested
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a strong fit with MoFi culture – flexible, self-motivated, collaborative, and have a sense of humor
- Must be reliable and have high attention to detail
- Has 2 years minimum experience in a for-profit or not-for-profit accounting role
- Has an accounting degree or certificate; CPA preferred
- Can quickly gain an understanding of, and have the ability to work closely with, other departments
- Has a high level of self-organization, self-awareness, and strong prioritization abilities
MoFi offers great benefits, opportunities for growth, and a fun company culture. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via Indeed.